Add Reply
New Poll

A Gap In Training (Open)
ShadowReine
 Posted: Jun 1 2018, 10:47 PM

Group: Members

T'bas made his way into the kitchen. He was starting to get used to his new name, to the other presence in his mind, and to the idea that he was now a bronzerider.

Starting.

He had thought blue would be the best and not even wanted higher, but as the frozen said? The dragons knew best.

T'bas had not been raised to trust them to that degree. When Axenusth was awake, of course, he found it hard to question his bronze's judgment.

Right now, though, the young dragon snoozed in their quarters, he could almost see the way the bronze was coiled in his mind. Almost feel it.

It took practice not to have one's dragon leak into one's thoughts. Pouring himself a mug of klah to shake the sleepiness that he knew was not his own, he settled down at a table.

He would have to get back to training soon enough, but for now he had a respite...and he was making the most of it.

--------------------
PM
^
PhantomWolf
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 09:18 PM

Kar'kaa was just finishing his meal when he spotted Tobas....No. It was T'bas now. He had Impressed a dragon of his own, and a bronze at that. Grinning, he rose from his seat, giving a hearty greeting to the new weyrling. "T'bas! I knew that you would Impress!" he said, clasping a hand on his shoulder. "That bronze of yours is quite the looker! What's his name?"

--------------------
PM
^
ShadowReine
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 09:19 PM

"Axunasth," the young man responded. He realized that in some ways he would outrank Kar'kaa, and that made him nervous.

But he wasn't going to show it. And right now he was still a baby weyrling, still not sure what he was doing. "I didn't think I was going to Impress. Much...less a bronze," he admitted.

He had figured a blue, if anything...

--------------------
PM
^
PhantomWolf
 Posted: Jun 5 2018, 09:31 PM

"Axunasth." Kar'kaa repeated the name a few times before turning back to T'bas, patting his shoulder. "I'm sure that you weren't the only thinking that. Even I wasn't sure that the dragonrider life was for me until I Impressed Midotawth. Dragons know what they want in a rider, and Axunasth is no exception. He saw something deep down inside you that no one else did. Not even you." He gave a warm smile, faintly remembering the struggles of settling in to Weyr life before Midotawth came into his life.

"Listen, T'bas. It may be hard for you to get used to having Axunasth in your head, but trust me, it'll be second nature to you in no time."

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by miss texas at caution, shine, & cc