Add Reply
New Poll

Something Lost, tag: Ester
Jail Rose
 Posted: Feb 27 2018, 07:57 PM

Advanced Member
Group: Members

Gaivath waited outside of the room where her rider is searching, looking around anxiously for any signs of danger or other presence. The sky was beginning to get dark, the dragon noticed. She whipped her head back to Lailie, who was still searching for the pendant she had lost. Lailie, how much longer? The sky is beginning to grow dark. She asked the rider in a calm demeanor, though deep inside she was starting to worry. What if something bad happens to them? She recieved no response from Lailie, who was beginning to rummage through the chests of the first room.

She was about to say something again when a dragon's voice she had not heard of from in a long time filled her ears. Gaivath turned her head, a sudden and relieved smile creeping up her face once she saw who had called her. Mallitorioth! Ariaceli! It is good to see both of you! Mallitorioth and her rider Ariaceli emerged from the shadows, landing on the platform of the tower. Ariaceli jumped down from Mallitorioth's back proceeded to make her way towarda Gaivath. She was sent a friendly wave from the weyrwoman, with the dragon nodding back at her. Ariaceli was about to ask where Lailie was, but stopped when she had found her question answered when she saw Lailie in the room.

Gaivath watched Ariaceli go to her sister before walking up to the younger gold dragon. I am well, Mallitorioth. Thank you for your concern. Turning back to the two sisters who are about to reunite, she chuckled to herself. Yes, I can see Ariaceli's excitement to see her sister yet again. Lailie wishes to see her, too, but it is understandable that both of our riders are busy. She turned back to Mal with a smile. It would be interesting to see them grow much closer than before.

Lailie, meanwhile, didn't care if dust had covered her pants. She just has to find that pendant. Rummaging through the old sacks covered in the chests, and occasionally waving her hand in the air to prevent dust from entering her nose, the wingrider busied herself with searching for that said pendant that she didn't even hear the new arrivals outside. After a few more hectic minutes of searching and rummaging through stupid chests, a shining gold buried deep beneath those sacks caught her eye. Picking it up, a large grin spread across her face once she saw what it was.

"The pendant! Yes!" She yelled triumphantly to herself, standing up from the crouching position a while earlier. Lailie had finally remembered leaving the pendant here and burying it in one of the sacks for safety. Wasting a night just to find this when I already knew where I had put it... how dumb of me! Dusting herself from all the dirt she had gotten into and wiping the pendant with a clean towel she had brought with her, she was about to exit when a familiar woman came into view. "Ariaceli! My sister!" Wiping her hands with the towel first, she pulled her younger sister into a big hug. She hadn't seen Ariaceli in years, and even if she did see her, she was equally busy like herself. She let go of the hug and chuckled nervously, looking around her own appearance. "Haha, sorry if I look like a mess... I was searching for this pendant... oh! By the way..."

Opening the pendant's lock and putting it on her sister's neck, she smiled softly at Ariaceli. "I just wanted to give that to you. It's sort of like... a retrubution for not being close to you ever since we were young." She explained, nodding to herself and to Ariaceli. It fit her neck perfectly, she noted.

Link to previous thread: Previous!

@Ester

--------------------
PM
^
Ester
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 11:36 PM

Administrator
Group: Admin

Seeing her sister always made Ariaceli smile these days. It was one of the few things that made her genuinely happy from the top of her head all the way down. There were plenty of days in their past that that feeling had not happened and that the smile had not appeared on her face at all. Arguments, fights, anger. These things had lasting impressions but Lailie no longer inspired the anger in the pit of Ariaceli's stomach that she had one done. They were equals here and not. Riders of two amazing dragons, each with a job, necessary for the survival of Pern. All of the jealousy that Ariaceli had once felt, and it had been a great deal, had fallen away, melted in the face of her sister, so happy to see her. Now when Ariaceli saw her sister, there was nothing but joy. You have grown more mature. Your sister and Gaivath are very pleasant to be around, and you know I do not always appreciate the company of other dragons. Ariaceli's smile couldn't become any wider, she was already too pleased by seeing Lailie rather unexpectedly but very welcomely, but a warm glow settled in her stomach at her dragon's private words to her before the Gold turned her attention to Gaivath. It helped that Mallitorioth was not the type to lie about anything. Her relationship with Ariaceli was based on hard facts and open communication. Mallitorioth would have excused herself politely if she had found anything annoying in the other rider and dragon pair, and would have privately told her rider why she was leaving. That wasn't the case at all, and Mallitorioth was listening to the green beside her with a keen sense of interest in the other dragon's words. I'm glad you're well, Gaivath. Mallitorioth gave a pleased hum and flicked her attention to her rider for just a moment, before returning to Gaivath, not having been away mentally long enough to miss a word the green had said. I do believe that it is my rider's wish that she and your rider, her sister, do become far closer than they have ever been before. Ariaceli is pleased beyond words that Lailie decided to take this journey with her. Ariaceli would have harbored a lot of regret had she traveled to this time without you and your rider by her side, I believe. She wishes to repair their relationship.

Mallitorioth was correct, as the gold dragon usually was, much to her rider's general chagrin. Ariaceli didn't have the largest amount of free time on her hands, and it was probably the case that, until there were plenty of other gold riders to take her place and she was old and Mallitorioth barren, that she wouldn't have any spare time, but she wanted to make some free time, just a bit, for her sister. Certain things were just important. As important as the effort to save the world, because there were different kinds of worlds, but ones and small ones. And it wouldn't do to save the big world if the little one inside people's hearts, died as well. There was a little world for Lailie in Ariaceli's heart, that was for certain. When her sister enveloped her in the hug, Ariaceli was quick to wrap her own arms around Lailie, squeezing her as tight as she dared. She didn't think her elder sister would break, far from that, but she wasn't sure quite how tightly she could have held on. As it went, she gave up, and just squeezed Lailie tight, holding on for as long as she dared before they parted. "Don't worry about your clothes, Lai. It's just me, and I'm certainly not in my best gear. This is the old riding gear, and that's no treat to be seen in, but sometimes practical outweighs fashion, especially for a rider." Ariaceli shrugged and unbuttoned the heavy hide jacket she was wearing. It was still a little chilly up on top of the tower, but it wasn't as cold as up in the air with Mallitorioth. She looked up just in time to see her sister reaching out, and held still as Lailie hung the pendant on her neck. For a moment, Ariaceli was speechless, which was quite an acomplishment, for the Weyrwoman was usually quite chatty even at the best of times. She was stunned, and honored, and very gently she reached up to touch the pendant, and then clasp it tightly in her hand. "Lailie.... I... thank you. I'm not quite sure what to say, except that I'm sorry for what a horrible little pest I was back then. I'm.... I'm so glad you're here with me now." Ariaceli sniffed, trying to hold back tears and blinking furiously as she smiled at her sister and at the pendant in her hand.

Ah, what a kind thing. My rider is incredibly touched. You have a good other half, Gaivath. I can see why you chose her. Mallitorioth was humming gently, pleased by her rider's happiness. Ariaceli gently laid the pendant back against her chest. "I'm going to wear it everywhere, Lai. As much as possible. It's so beautiful. Thank you." Ariaceli was going to have to figure out how to repay Lailie for the pendant. She didn't feel as though she had to repay her sister, but... Lailie had made the effort, and that meant that Ariaceli should probably do something to help mend their relationship as well. They were sisters, after all, and Ariaceli had always loved Lailie, even if she'd spent most of her youth incredibly jealous of her older sister. She didn't know what she could do, but she was determined to do something, to prove to Lailie that she treasured her presence and their now mending relationship.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jail Rose
 Posted: Apr 5 2018, 11:55 PM

Advanced Member
Group: Members

@Ester

Lailie was a young woman who was always secretive, or, suffice to say, she does not like showing her passion or love for others. Gaivath, of all dragons, and of all people who knew Lailie, knew that. Yet by the way Lailie had given Ariaceli that pendant she had been searching for for long hours, and with Ariaceli tearing up with joy after this surprise, Gaivath couldn't help but smile. She had passion for her sister after all! Gaivath knew little of Lailie's past, and about her family, but she did know of Lailie's relationship with her sister. Lailie said she was a rebellious little girl, always sneaking out of the house to seek freedom. But then Lailie knew that Ariaceli just... definitely needed that. She was quite neglected by her father and also her step mother, though, and their father had always focused on Lailie. That's why Gaivath was touched when she saw the scene. What unconditional love was there that could possibly replace Lailie's hidden love for her sister?

She turned to the gold dragon Mallitorioth and nodded her head. Yes, indeed it is, Mallitorioth. And thank you for the concern for my well being. She stated, then turned back to Lailie and Ariaceli. Both of them were still having the sisterly conversation. When Mallitorioth remarked about having chosen Lailie as her rider, Gaivath chuckled heartily and nodded in agreement. Although quite a cold woman, Lailie does have hidden love for everyone she meets and cares about. The green dragon stated. Mallitorioth was indeed, right. But you are right, Mallitorioth. Lailie is indeed quite good. A small smile spread across the green's face. I am glad your rider appreciates the small gift Lailie has given her.

Lailie was stunned when her sister had suddenly hugged her again. For a moment she thought Ariaceli would come up with another remark, but she got... another hug. Of course it was still quite expected, though, because after all this was Ariaceli, and she knows what Ariaceli is after all. When she had already given the pendant to her sister, though, she saw her sister crying with tears of joy. Lailie smiled softly. Ah, she was indeed touched. As the younger woman started to speak, Lailie chuckled heartily, tears finally present in her face. "Ariaceli, I can understand why you feel that way. You were... kinda neglected, if I must word it that way. Father has always set his sights on pampering me. I was too busy impressing our step-mother. Ariaceli... Don't call yourself a pest. I should think you should be the one calling me that."

The wingrider took Ariaceli into a tender embrace, rubbing the younger sister's back. "Me too. I'm... I'm glad to have you here right now." She whispered. "Keep that necklace. It's a gift from me, after all. And... we'll work this out. I promise." She was talking about her relationship with the other girl, after all. For years they hadn't even grown quite closer to each other. Lailie just wants to be much closer to Ariaceli than before.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by miss texas at caution, shine, & cc