Add Reply
New Poll

Training Hard, Tag: Elsie
Jail Rose
 Posted: Feb 27 2018, 08:28 PM

Advanced Member
Group: Members

The merchant nodded at the young weyrling, glad she liked the manoueveres they had performed. Once she inquired if they should go outside, Kiraya nodded in agreement. "Yeah, we should go. We gotta need some fresh air, and we can't stay here forever." She answered, with a small chuckle to herself. She then walked out of the room, of course looking back to wait for We'nell and the two dragons to follow.

Eusabvieth shook his head rapidly, his eyes almost cross-eyed as he looked at his nose. Oww... oww... He mumbled to himself, before smiling over to Veroschkath with an awkward smile. Haha, don't worry about me. Kiraya always goes to the infirmary to heal any of my wounds, so I just have to deal with it over time... He said softly, following the two riders out of the Training Room, walking with Vero.

Once outside the Training Arenas, Kiraya twirled around to feel the breeze. "Finally outside of the arena! This spot seems to be a good area to race." She commented, grinning at We'nell. A gasp suddenly wafts from her lips when she saw how anxious Eusabvieth was about his swollen nose. She ran up to the white pearl dragon, observing his mighty nose to see if there were any serious damages from the fall earlier. "Damn, Eusab, that was a fall, huh... She sighed, kissing his nose in the process. We're heading to the infirmary after the race, so don't worry about a thing." Eusabvieth knew it wasn't really that serious, just a bit swollen, but he nodded at his rider. He didn't want to get in the way of her concern.

Kiraya then turned back to We'nell and smiled. "So," She began, walking next to the other weyrling, observing the few distances where they could consider a finish line. "how do we start the race?"

Link to the previous thread: Previous!

@Elsie

--------------------
PM
^
Elsie
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 03:55 AM

@Jail Rose

We’nell happily walked beside Kiraya as the older girl lead the way out of the complex and into the open air, while Veroschkath trailed behind Eusabvieth, still trying to look small and unobtrusive. When the male dragon exclaimed in pain though, Vero raised her head and gave a quiet, concerned croon, almost involuntary, and crept up beside him. We’nell also turned her head to look sympathetically at Eusabvieth, though she wasn't so much actually worried - the pearl did not seem to be seriously injured. “Oh, I'm sorry buddy, I didn't realise you were hurt,” She said fondly. Now that she looked though, his nose did look a little swollen. The four went on, but Vero stayed beside Eusabvieth now, glancing at him occasionally to make sure he was alright.

Once outside, We’nell breathed in the fresh air and grinned. The flight arena was all very well and good, but it could feel stuffy after a while. The wide blue skies before them were far more inviting. She nodded in agreement with Kiraya, then blinked as the young woman ran to her dragon and peered at his snout. Was Eusabvieth perhaps more hurt than We’nell had thought? She smiled at Kiraya’s question, “How about just a quick sprint on dragonback from the ground, up round the signal tower and back again?” She suggested, “First one back to this spot wins. Once we're mounted up, I can count us down from three to start?” She grinned. Her suggested format ought to favour Eusabvieth, she thought; he was likely to be faster than Veroschkath over a short distance, but neither We’nell nor Vero minded losing. The race itself was the fun bit.

Vero was expressing her worries privately to her rider, though, and We’nell gave voice to them on the shy jasper’s behalf. “But are you sure you're okay to race?” She asked, nodding towards Eusabvieth’s nose and glancing between the dragon and his rider, “It's no problem if you'd like to go rest instead.” She personally didn't think the injury warranted a trip to the infirmary, but that was not We’nell’s choice to make, and she didn't want Kiraya to feel obliged to stay if she was worried about her dragon and would rather be with the healers.

--------------------
We'nell, 16yo female weyrling of Jasper Veroschkath
Cyrene, 19yo female wingrider of Blue Yahtoaandaleeth
Avital, 37yo male adviser
PM
^
Jail Rose
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 11:23 PM

Advanced Member

Kiraya rubbed on Eusabvieth's nose, trying to see if he was alright. She hoped he was. The dragon shook his head and looked at Kiraya with a reassuring smile. Kiraya, I'm fine. The nose isn't that damaged. I can still race with Veroschkath and We'nell, don't you worry. He explained to his rider. The merchant didn't seem really contented with this, but knowing Eusab, he always reassures her when something seems to be wrong. She smiled and sighed, nodding before turning to We'nell. "He says he's fine," She told the other as an answer to her question. "You don't have to worry. Once the race is over, we're going to the infirmary to treat his nose."

Speaking about the race, the idea We'nell had proposed seemed like a really good idea. Doing quick turns to the Signal Tower then to here and then to other places would definitely work for her and Eusabvieth. Both of them had spent time together doing high flying before, so this is kind of a form of exercise. She nodded at the younger girl and turned to her with a grin. "Good. I like that idea." She said, then climbed up and sat on Eusabvieth's back.

A grin forms on her face. "Well then, shall we start?"

@Elsie

--------------------
PM
^
Elsie
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 05:31 AM

@Jail Rose

OOC: Feel free to have them race to the tower and back! Eusab would almost certainly win, so I don’t mind at all if you right it that way ^^

We’nell smiled and nodded in agreement, glad that the race was still going ahead, even if Vero was still a little concerned. He’ll be alright, Vee, it’s just a bump. We’nell said to her privately even as she vaulted back up onto the jasper’s back, I’m sure if it was really sore he would say and they’d go see the healers. Vero knew We’nell was right, but that didn’t stop her from stealing frequent glances at the pearl’s snout - the jasper did not have the same laissez-faire attitude as her rider when it came to minor injuries

“Yes, let’s!” We’nell replied to Kiraya cheerfully, once she’d done up her riding straps and made sure she was securely fastened into her saddle - with the forces she was about to experience, she would not have wanted to rely on the strength of her legs alone to keep her on board. Now that they were about to start, We’nell felt an unexpected tension; logically, she was still not expecting to win, but for the first time, she couldn’t help but consider the possibility. Vero was utterly unconcerned with winning, but she’d try her best for We’nell’s sake.

“Right then,” We’nell said, giving Kiraya a grin, “From three. Three…” Vero quickly got in to a crouch. “Two…” Vero flared her speckled wings. “One!” With that, Vero launched herself into the air and beat her wings hard, gaining height and speed as she angled up and towards the signal tower.

--------------------
We'nell, 16yo female weyrling of Jasper Veroschkath
Cyrene, 19yo female wingrider of Blue Yahtoaandaleeth
Avital, 37yo male adviser
PM
^
Jail Rose
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 02:36 AM

Advanced Member

@Elsie

OOC: Hmm, I would like to think both are a tie, or Vero won //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif I'll let the jasper win here!

Kiraya smiled and nodded at the younger rider, before patting the white pearl softly. "Be fair, Eusab." She whispered to him, making him nod in agreement. Both rider and dragon prepared for the race, waiting for Wen'ell to count down to three. For sure, the race would be enjoyable than any other that both had expected. It's an exercise and a game at the same time, She thought, squinting her eyes to try to see if Eusab could circle up the signal tower that easily. A good one, in fact. We'nell has the brains for these kinds of things.

"One!" Once Wen'ell had ended the countdown, and once Vero had finally launched herself into the air, Eusab chuckled before following, wings beating hard as he followed the jasper dragon. She was remarkably fast, Eusab noted. The pearl dragon managed to catch up a bit to her, giggling like a little dragonet. You're fast, Vero. I like it! He shouted up to her, then took a quick maneouvere up the signal tower. Let's see who wins first, then!

It took quite a few fun minutes, but both Eusab and Kiraya had finally hit the ground with whooping laughter wafting across their mouths. The merchant climbed down the pearl dragon's back, turning to the other rider with occasional pants. "That was... fun!" She said, holding her hip and panting, while still laughing occasionally. "Eyy, who won, though? Whatever the result is fine."

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by miss texas at caution, shine, & cc